Central Finance landscape architecture have 3+ systems:
- The first system(s) is source system where the current business operations are running. This can be more than 1 and can be a mix of SAP and Non-SAP systems like Oracle, JDe, Dynamics, QAD etc. That’s why we used + when we said the total number of systems as this count changes per customer.
- The second system is the SAP Landscape Transformation Server (SLT) as the integration platform which reads the data from source and replicates/write the data in SAP S/4HANA.
- The third system is of course the target system which is SAP S/4HANA Central Finance where the data from source system is loaded/replicated
SAP LT Replication Server collects data written to databases in the source systems and feeds this data into the corresponding Central Finance accounting interface.
The following replication scenarios are supported:
- Replication of FI/CO postings
- Replication of CO internal postings
- Replication of cost objects
- Replication of commitments
- Replication of EC-PCA postings
- Replication of material cost estimates
- Replication of activity rates
- Replication of a defined subset of logistics data from purchase documents, sales documents, customer invoices, supplier invoices (Accounting View of Logistics Information (AVL)
More details related to this topic are discussed in replication scenarios.
Usage of SAP MDG
There are TWO MDG components:
- MDG Lite – Central Finance offers integration to Master Data Governance (MDG) to access available mapping information there. Even if MDG is not in use, in the background Central Finance help uses the MDG mapping tables that are available without installing MDG. This does not require an MDG license
MDG Full – If you use MDG to distribute master data throughout your system landscape, it is likely that MDG will already contain a lot of information on how master data maps to each other in the different systems. This will require MDG license
Last Update: August 22, 2023