SAP provides functionality called – Central Reversal & Reposting in which system will allow the reversal and reposting of erroneous documents in the Central Finance system. The reversal is realized as an inverse posting (technically) based on the data which was sent to the accounting interface when the original transaction was posted.
Correction can be due to any reason
- Wrong mapping – Key, value & cost object mapping
- Any logic placed in terms of customization
- Wrong logics in BAdis.
Transaction – FINS_CFIN_CREV
When program is executed, the system displays all documents replicated by Central Finance that match the entries made in the selection screen. User can only reverse documents for which an AIF message exists. These documents are generally highlighted on the output screen. If users run the report with the option Reverse and Repost, the output screen provides an Execution button and the you can then select the documents that you want to reprocess.
It is also possible to run the report as a background job. In this case the system directly executes the reversal and repost for all documents that match your selection criteria.
Also this functionality have some restrictions:
- All Document Change transactions, which were successfully processed after the initial posting of the document but before the execution of the correction, are not applied to the reversing document being created by inverse posting. This can result in a discrepancy of changed attributes between the reversed and the reversing document.
- Document changes performed in the Central Finance system cannot be applied to the reposted document automatically and must be performed manually.
- Payment requests, down payment requests, down payments, and down payment clearings are not supported by the Central Reversal with Reposting function.
- Deferred tax and documents involved in deferred tax processes are not supported by the Central Reversal with Reposting function.
Since in CO documents we don’t need clearing functionality so it is more easy to use and also since CO uses SLT for replication.
This tool is used to reverse a CO document in the Central Finance system. The document must be replicated from the source system through the Central Finance interface. If the document is already reversed or is a reversal document itself, it will not be reversed by this tool.
Last Update: August 22, 2023