Central Finance uses the SLT system as middleware to transfer data from source system to cFIN system. The purpose of this document is to provide deep dive information regarding the configuration in SLT system for the Central Finance scenarios.
SAP provides standard content for the SLT system for the Central Finance scenarios which can handle the replication from(not all cFIN scenarios are supported for all kinds of source systems):
- SAP Source System with full database license
- SAP Source System with 3rd party database with runtime license
- SAP S4HANA Cloud system
- Non-SAP system
SLT can be:
- Embedded on source system
- Embedded on Target system
- Stand-alone – This is always recommended fir flexibility in future during upgrades
The DMIS Add-on version should be synchronized between all involved systems. For this, run the report DMC_NOTE_ANALYZER( note 2596411) in Central Finance System. Since the DMIS component is embedded in the S4CORE component, the report will help understand the DMIS equivalent of the S4HANA release.
SAP Source system on-premise which uses a 3rd party database with runtime license
For this integration, the SLT system is not allowed to create DB triggers or Logging tables in the source system. For this reason, special notes have to be installed for this scenario, and the SLT configuration will be created slightly different
- 2223801 – SLT – Central Finance: Interface for Business Integration
- 2223621 – Central Finance: Interface for Business Integration
SAP S4HANA Cloud System
The Cloud Connector should be installed and the SLT configuration should be created slightly different, as the cloud connector connection details will be used for the “Source System Details” step.
Non-SAP Source System
For this integration, SAP provides staging tables in the SLT system where the data from the source system can be provided. So, for this replication scenario, the SLT will transfer the data from SLT to cFIN system. The below notes are required in the SLT system, based on your cFIN system version. These will create the staging tables in the SLT system and provides also the cFIN content for SLT relevant for this scenario.
- 2462424 – SAP LT Replication Server for SAP Central Finance – Third-Party System Integration (1610 FPS2)
- 2481900 – SAP LT Replication Server for Central Finance – Third-Party System Integration (1709, FPS 0)
- 2527831 – SAP LT Replication Server for Central Finance – Third-Party System Integration 1709, FPS 1
- 2610660 – SAP LT Replication Server for Central Finance – Third-Party System Integration 1709, FPS 2 and 1809
- 2713300 – SAP LT Replication Server for Central Finance – Third-Party System Integration 1909
SAP Central Finance Content on SLT
The Central Finance Content for SLT is delivered via note “2154420 – SAP LT Replication Server for SAP Central Finance”, in case you have an SAP Source System. Based on your Central Finance release, the respective content should be downloaded from the note, and uploaded in the SLT system using the program DMC_UPLOAD_OBJECT(follow the steps provided in the respective note).
Three types/subprojects of SLT content are provided via notes:
- REPL_CFIN – contains the load and replication objects for most scenarios
- REPL_CFIN_SRC – relevant only if the “Accounting View – Purchase Order – scenario” or “Central Payment – FI Posting Notification for Purchase Order History scenario” are in scope for your cFIN Project
- REPL_CFIN_ST – contains load and replication objects for Non-SAP System integration scenario
After the content is uploaded to SLT system, this can be checked via transaction MWB:
Last Update: August 17, 2023