When you run with Central Finance application it is possible that at the month end the documents are stuck in error in AIF due to different reasons like Master data or configuration change which may not be acceptable if reporting is the requirement from CFIN.
With new release SAP S/4HANA 2021 FPS1 the new functionality is made available in Central Finance known as – Temporary Postings.
Some key features and benefits of this functionality are:
- Creation of temporary postings from a pending journal entry by copying all relevant data incl. references
- Automatic reversal when pending document are processed
- Manual Reversals are supported
- Only limited editable fields to ensure compliance (e.g. amounts, posting dates and company code are read only)
- Increased efficiency with an integrated process for temporary postings
- Automatic reversals ensure correct numbers in Financial Statements
- Auditability as the temporary posting and the reversal have references to the pending journal entry
Temporary postings are excluded for the Central Payment process (e.g. payment run, manual payment posting) to ensure the payment is made based on the original open items.
Last Update: August 17, 2023