What is AVL?
Accounting View of Logistics (AVL) is Central Finance-specific functionality in which logistical information is loaded and replicated from SAP source systems into Central Finance and stored in separate tables.
What is Replicated?
AVL provides logistical insight in Central Finance without the need for extensive configuration and master data, customization of data, or custom programs and tables
AVL helps to bridge the data gap between Finance and Logistics without the need for a custom approach or extensive configuration and helps in driving the reporting strategy
AVL also enables more detailed profitability analysis through the inclusion of partner functions such as Ship-to, Sold-to, and Bill-to
AVL facilitates Central Finance’s ability to link financial documents to their associated Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Supplier Invoices, and Customer Invoices
Reporting integration across SD, MM, FI and CO data sets
Central Purchase Order Accrual
Advanced Compliance Reporting (ACR for Tax Reporting)
Basis on which predictive accounting can be achieved via Central Finance
AVL Tables in SAP S/4HANA
The logistical data from the source system tables are brought into the Central Finance system and are accessible for data analysis and reporting through a series of “CFIN_AV” tables
If you use the CO-PA functionality during SD implementation, please note that:
• CO-PA master data is part of the defined subset for sales orders and is available in the AVL.
• CO-PA data for the customer invoice is replicated via the corresponding journal entry and is not available in the AVL.
AVL uses separate tables to store a subset of logistics data in Central Finance.
Historical logistics data in the source systems can be transferred to Central Finance with the generic initial load functionality of SLT. SLT content includes sample filters that allow you to restrict the transfer, for example, to a specific time period or company code.
• Initial load objects and replication objects in SAP SLT for the Accounting View of Logistics Information are maintained
• The mapping entities needed for key mapping, value mapping, cost object mapping, or CO-PA mapping are configured
• SAP Note 2679506, 2647022 and 2735582 applied in source systems. 2799798 needs to be applied in source system for reconciliation reports
• The AVL is only supported for source systems of SAP ERP 6.0 EhP3 and higher, including SAP S/4HANA systems. (Replication of purchase orders is only supported for source systems of SAP ERP 6.0 EhP4 and higher.)
• Only one client per source system is supported in one SLT configuration.
• Data in the AVL (except purchasing documents and data for which a mapping relationship has been maintained, for example CO-PA or WBS data) is not validated against the Customizing nor the master data in the Central Finance system, which is different from General Ledger entries in the Central Finance processing.
You can activate validation for purchasing documents in table CFIN_AV_IMP_CLS. Open the table in transaction SE16 and set parameters as follows:
• FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_CI for AVL Billing Document
• FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_SO for AVL Sales Document
• FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_SI for AVL Supplier Invoice
• FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_PO for AVL Purchasing Document
Deletion report can be used to clean up the deleted/archived AVL data. Logistics data in the source system which is deleted or archived is marked with a status indicator D (deleted) or A (archived) in Central Finance. If you want to clean up and physically delete the data in the Central Finance system, you can use this report by selecting operation D (for deleted data) or A (for archived data). However, you should note that the legal archiving of the documents must be executed in the original source system.
Transaction Code – FINS_CFIN_AVL_DEL
Or Execute program – FINS_CFIN_AV_DOC_DELETE in the Central Finance system.
o How many objects have been deleted in total, successfully & with warnings, errors.
o The report checks whether documents in the document flow have related successor documents. If successor documents exist, the system displays a warning message.
In SLT > SE16 in table – IUUC_LOGTB_FIELD make the following entries
Display AVL Purchase Orders
Replicated purchase orders via transaction FINS_CFIN_DIS_PO can be displayed
Fiori – App ID – F4700
o For Sales order changes replication – activate the business function LOG_ESOA_OPS_2 in source systems.
o SAP Note 2647022 is implemented
o If Project-ID is used as a CO-PA characteristic, implement SAP Note 2679506
o For replicating purchase orders, implement SAP Note 2735582
o Apply note 2154420
o Purchase Order Replication
o There are two steps to setup SLT for purchase order to track indirect changes of purchase order.
o This is needed to react to changes on the sub tables of the PO – as not always header table EKKO is updated.
o STEP 1 – Source to Source
o Copy Table below as predefined object from project REPL_CFIN and sub project REPL_CFIN_SRC
o Maintain SLT rule GET_LOGTAB in sub project level of predefined object
o STEP 2 – Source to Central
o Copy table below as predefined object
Here is the recommendation to schedule the replication
• Start Recording for each table for step: source to source
• Start Replication for step: source to central
• Start Replication(w/o load) for step: source to source
The Initial Load for historical POs is running in the step: source to central as for any other replication.
For the step: source to source there is no initial load necessary but the replication only can be started once the logtab of EKKO is generated
Sales Order Replication
Sales Order (VBAK) and Customer Invoice (VBRK) – Replication/Load Objects for ECC & S/4 source systems. As conditions are stored differently in ECC and S/4 the separate load & replication objects are provided.
S/4HANA Central System
Run transaction /AIF/CONTENT_EXTRACT in the Central Finance system for the scenarios FINCF_AV_SO, FINCF_AV_CI, FINCF_AV_SI, FINCF _AV_PO.
Interfaces are –
Sales order created in SAP ECC (Order # 5)
In ECC, VBAK table entry is visible
Replication happens via SLT (VBLEN = 5)
Header Data in AIF
Item data visible in AIF
Now we move to SAP S/4HANA 2020 and will see the data in AVL specific tables
CFIN_AV_SO_ROOT – Header Data table
CFIN_AV_SO_ITEM – Item Data table
CFIN_AV_SO_PART – Partner Data Table
CFIN_AV_SO_BIZ – Business Data Table
Now the Sales order is Delivered & billed in ECC
The document Flow is below
Billing Document gets replicated to CFIN (VBELN = 90000001)
Interface – AV_CI (Customer Invoice)
Data in CFIN
CFIN_AV_CI_ROOT – Billing Document Header Data
CFIN_AV_CI_ITEM – Billing Document Item Data
CFIN_AV_CI_PART – Billing Document Partner Data
End to End View:
Sales Order created in ECC
Sales Order Replicated in AVL via AIF
At this point all AVL relevant tables in S/4HANA are updated
Billing Complete in ECC
Accounting document replicated via AIF
Accounting document in ACDOCA
Purchase Order created in SAP ECC
Data Replicated in AIF
Tables in SAP S/4HANA for PO for AVL Data
PO Header Data
PO Item Data
PO related Objects
GR and Invoice is done on PO
Under AV_SI the details are available in AIF
Header Data of Invoice
Line item data of invoice
FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_CI for AVL Billing Document
FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_SO for AVL Sales Document
FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_SI for AVL Supplier Invoice
FINS_CFIN_DFV_AV_PO for AVL Purchasing Document
Central Accrual Management
Last Update: April 20, 2023